Current Job Openings
Posted: June 2, 2020
Spark Conferences is a boutique conference producing company specializing in the delivery of high-quality conferences for the Canadian healthcare sector: https://sparkconferences.com
Due to the global pandemic, all events are currently delivered in an on-line format with the intention to transition to a hybrid format (in-person and on-line) in the fall and moving forward in 2021.
We are searching for an Event Planner to play a key role in helping us achieve our goal of providing high-quality educational events to our audiences.
The ideal candidate has a Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) certificate and has been in the events industry (in the education space for an association or a corporation) for at least 5 years and is looking to grow their career by joining an organization where they can manage events on-line and in-person from start to finish. Some training will be provided; however, the candidate is expected to “hit the ground running” and be able to execute events immediately.
- Keeping all event websites updated on daily basis with most current information on all sessions and speakers.
- Speaker management: from sending out invitations, setting up calls, gathering of information such as speakers’ biography, photo, social media channels, presentation title, descriptions, learning objectives, for the event website. Collecting PowerPoint presentations closer to the event date.
- Following up on correspondence to with speakers to organize their travel (for in-person events, when available), manage speaker expenses, and thank you gifts.
- Preparing event documents in Word and Canva such as the event agenda, sponsorship package, speaker biographies, chair notes and event evaluations.
- Preparing introductory videos or PowerPoints about the event, Spark Conferences and event sponsors or exhibitors.
- Helping with venue selection and all correspondence with the venue, including event specifications (schedule, room set-ups, audio-visual, food and beverage).
- Organizing special events and entertainment around educational events.
- Managing all sponsor and exhibitor deliverables before, during, and after each event.
- Customer services. The main point of contact with current and potential delegates, including monitoring the chatbox and info email. Help with registration questions, invoicing and refunds.
- For in-person conferences: pack materials for events; prepare name tags, signage and everything required to execute the event. Set-up and manage the registration desk.
- Act as an event manager for all on-line events: starting the event, monitoring registration and attendance, helping on-line delegates and speakers, monitoring the chat box and online questions from the audience.
- Help with sales calls and researching leads during downtime.
- Keep track of expenses and receipts for each event. Review bills.
- Keep files clean and organized.
- Assist the Operations Director on a daily basis as needed.
4-6 years of meeting planning/event operations experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to meet strict deadlines
- Highly detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Able to work efficiently independently and report on project status. Able to work remotely, and report daily (beginning and end of the day)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including writing, proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- A resourceful, creative problem solver
- Easily adaptable to situations and changing event demands
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- CMP certification is an asset
- Ability travel to events as needed, when travel resumes
Knowledge of the following tools is considered an asset:
- Canva or Adobe Photoshop
- Video editing tools
- Any new or established event applications
Why you should join Spark Conferences:
- Small organization where your work is vital for the success of the business
- Your work and success is valued
- Opportunities to grow with the organization, as the organization grows
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only resumes with cover letters and salary requirements will be considered.