Why Integrated Risk Management (IRM)? IRM promotes managing risk from an organization-wide perspective and therefore not in silos created by departments or job functions (e.g. IT risks, HR risks, privacy risks, clinical risks, disaster preparedness risks, etc.) It requires an ongoing assessment of risks at every level and in every department of the organization, aggregating these results at the corporate level, communicating them and ensuring adequate monitoring and review.
In addition to discussing practices related to risk management, the conference addresses current top risks in the Canadian health care sector such as cyber-attacks and man-made or environmental disasters. This conference connects all involved in risk and safety at all levels of health care organizations for one day of networking and multidisciplinary education.
Risk Management Sessions
- Board Risk Oversight
- Communicating Risk to Leadership and Board Members
- Steps to Get Started with Integrated Risk Management (IRM)
- Case Studies on IRM at Trillium Health Partners, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, London Health Sciences Centre, Niagara Health System, Provincial Health Services Authority, Bruyère Continuing Care, Peterborough Regional Health Centre, Eastern Health, Horizon Health Network, Nova Scotia Health Authority and Accreditation Canada
- Top 10 Risks across Health Continuum
- Risk Reporting and Technologies
- Integrating Risk Management into Strategic Planning
- Incorporating the Patient Voice in Risk Management
- The Value of IRM
- Evaluating Your IRM Program
Cyber Risk Sessions
- Past Security Incidents at Canada Blood Services
- The Cyber Threat Landscape in Canadian Health Care
- Hacking Demonstration
- Health Sector Critical Infrastructure Network Project
- Cyber Security Workforce Resources
- Cyber Vigilance Education
- Cyber Security Insurance
- Framing and Communicating Cyber Threats to the CEO and Board
- Electronic Health Records and Privacy
Emergency Preparedness Sessions
- Mass Casualties at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (Toronto Van Attack), St. Michael’s Hospital (Danforth Shooting), Montreal Children’s Hospital (carbon monoxide leak at an elementary school)
- Active Shooter: Northumberland Hills Hospital, Kingston Health Sciences Centre
- Evacuating a Hospital: Hamilton Health Sciences and Northern Lights Regional Health Centre(Fort McMurray, Alberta)
- Climate Change and the Impact on Emergency Preparedness
- Bomb Threat at Credit Valley Hospital
- Clinical Input in Developing Emergency Preparedness Plans
- Utility Loss Planning in Long Term Care
Stay tuned for the 2020 agenda. Please feel free to email us your suggestions at email@example.com.
Check out the past conferences agenda by clicking on the AGENDA tab on the main menu.
MAINTENANCE OF CERTIFICATION
Attendance at this program entitles certified Canadian College of Health Leaders members (CHE / Fellow) to 2.5 Category II credits towards their maintenance of certification requirement.
MAINTIEN DE LA CERTIFICATION
Une participation à cette réunion par un membre certifié du Collège canadien des leaders en santé (CHE / Fellow) vaut 2.5 crédits de la catégorie II du MDC à l’égard de l’exigence du maintien de la certification à laquelle ceux-ci sont soumis.
Get email updates and exclusive deals for this conference.
Save $100 per ticket when you get two other people in your network to register at the same time (see Group of Three tickets).
Conference Ticket Giveaway
Enter anytime. Winners will be selected at the end of May, June, and July (three winners) from all entries received throughout the year.
See our full terms and conditions for more details.
What our past delegates have said
Check our previous conference photos
We are supported by these awesome companies
The Westin Nova Scotian
Hotel rooms: Call 1-888-627-8553 and ask for the Integrated Risk Management (or Spark Conferences) rates, starting at $199 + Tax.
Air Canada promotion code: AV23PCW1. Access aircanada.com and enter your promotion code in the search panel.
Porter promotion code: IRM19 or access https://www.flyporter.com/en-ca/?promocode=IRM19
Westjet code: G32PD1I. Access www.westjet.com/conventions and use the promotional code.
Have you been to Halifax? Here is the Official Visitor Guide.